Confident readers who are passionate about reading
AT “Phonics School” we aim for all our children to become fluent, confident readers who are passionate about reading. The alphabetic principle is at the heart of phonics instruction — the concept that letters and letter patterns represent the sounds of spoken language. When students understand the alphabetic principle, they have graphophonemic awareness.
Phonics instruction helps children use the alphabetic principle to learn the relationship between the letters of written language and the sounds of spoken language.
Reading Skills in Young Learners
Children learn the English alphabetic code: first they learn one way to read the 40+ sounds and blend these sounds into words, then learn to read the same sounds with alternative graphemes.
They experience success from the very beginning. Lively phonic books are closely matched to their increasing knowledge of phonics and ‘tricky’ words and, as children re-read the stories, their fluency increases.
The programme is designed for children aged 4-7 year. Timings : 2 Hrs, Monday to Saturday :
[ Children can select any 3 days in a week ]
Phonics Check Point Test ( CPT )
- Young Reader will always be a leader in their school
- Reading exercises the brain.
- Children who practice reading often through phonics, get better.
- Sound to symbol recognition becomes faster
- Reading builds a child’s patience and concentration.
- Reading improves grasp of vocabulary and language.
- Sounding out unfamiliar words is easier
- Phonics education helps children be imaginative and empathetic
- Children learn syllable structure
- Higher reading skills result in better success in school.